This is the first year for the Mellwood March Art Show; the intent for this show is to make it accessible to all age artists. Here at Mellwood we are trying to keep costs down for the artist so emerging artists have opportunity to participate.
Location: Mellwood Art Center 1860 Mellwood Avenue, Louisville KY, 40206
- March 4th and 5th 2017
Saturday March 4th, show opens at 10am and will run until 7pm. Sunday March 5th show opens at 10am and runs until 5pm.
Jurors will be selecting high quality fine arts that will appeal to a diverse audience. Jurors will look for a high level of professionalism in such a group image. Jurying will be done by an independent panel consisting for 3 or more jurors.
- Drawing: Original compositions drawn by the artist’s hand in charcoal, pastel, pencil, ink, etc.
- Painting: Original oil, acrylics, watercolor, Gouache etc. are in this category. Reproductions of all kinds will be prohibited. Painters wishing to sell any prints must submit a separate application in the Graphics/Printmaking category.
- Photography: Original photographs by the artist. May include digital alteration or hand painting.
- Mixed Media: Original work where the primary intent is the union of two or more media. (2D Mixed Media is wall mounted mixed media work - 3D Mixed Media is freestanding mixed media work).
- Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be in limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials.
- Fiber: Works created from fibers, including basketry, weaving, papermaking, leather, and fabric.
- Fiber Wearable: Work where the primary intention is to be worn and where the primary material is fiber
- Jewelry: All jewelry must be original designs made by the artist. Commercial findings are acceptable
- Ceramics: Created from the imagination and by the hand of the artist from clay, porcelain, stoneware, and/or earthenware. Bisque from commercial molds is prohibited.
- Sculpture: Three-dimensional works incorporating any material that are carved, modeled, constructed or cast
- Wood: Functional and sculptural work where the primary material is wood. Original works must be hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
Contact: If there are any questions or anything is unclear please phone Bridget Clark: 502-895-3650
PAY YOUR BOOTH FEE BELOW